Hi, I’m Jamie from So Much Better With Age with a beautiful quick and easy holiday decor project.I love vintage stuff, don’t you?I love easy projects, don’t you?Let me show you how easy these are to make. If you love creating with vintage postcards and papercrafting, you will love how pretty and easy this is to make these DIY Vintage Glittered Christmas Postcards.
- glitter color of choice
- color printer (ink jet or color copies from the print store)
- white craft glue that dries clear
1. Gather some gold and silver glitter together into a plastic container with a lid. This is much easier than sprinking onto the glued surface.
2. Next, go to The Graphics Fairy to download and save some of her free gorgeous vintage Christmas images. She has so many amazing choices!
3. Print them onto ,matte white card stock. For easy printing, copy and paste the image into a word document about 5 x 7 in size. You can also send these to the print store or print them at the library if you don’t have a good quality at home printer.
4. Cut them out rounding the corners slightly.
5. Line the edges with glue. You can either squeeze it straight from the tube use a paint brush to apply it to the paper. Then dip your wet glued edges into your glitter container. This gives them a more vintage look.
6. Shake off and let dry flat. Then you can. hang, display or craft with them!
I even added some to my Paris artwork pieces in the dining room. Just put double-sided tape on the backs of the cards and then stick right on the glass.
They look great displayed on my kids’ artwork display ladder.
I love the vintage Santas. These postcards have beautiful artwork.
I’m so happy with the way the DIY Vintage Glittered Christmas Postcards turned out!
Merry vintage Christmas!
Recent Christmas posts:
(click the links or graphics)