Happy Wednesday! I have to share my new curtains with you! As I’ve mentioned before, my front window is 106 inches wide, and since I need 4 panels, it can get pretty expensive to keep the neighbors from looking in. I wanted something with a bit of color for spring, but I couldn’t find anything I loved that wasn’t almost $100 a panel. I have awesome taste. 🙂 I’ve splurged in the past,and the way I like to change my drapery, it just doesn’t make sense to spend a lot. I’ve found that curtains made from tablecloths work just as well!I was so excited to be able to make these cute DIY curtains from Target tablecloths, and you can transform your room in under an hour!
First I measured how long I wanted them and laid them out. My drapes hang 87 inches from rod to floor so I measured to 91 inches, with the extra 4 inches at the top was to fold over and sew the rod pocket.
If you don’t want to sew a rod pocket you can used drapery clips to hang them and your done!
I cut mine straight across at the top. By cutting them at the top, I only had to turn over the top and run a straight stitch. The best part is at the bottom kept the original hem.
The total was $32.00 for two tablecloths and $10.00 for the napkins to make 2 pillows.
Not a bad way to change up the entire room for $42.00 and some tax!
Since our downstairs is still a work in progress since the flood, as you can tell by the couches all jammed up together,we are still living a bit on the cramped side and it’s been very hard to keep clean and organized.
And I HATE the TV in the room. It’s like a big, black vortex.
Hopefully we will be able to get back down there in the next month and we can not only get back to kind of normal, but we can get the TV off this level.I feel like it’s the elephant in the room.
I like having this main floor space a grown-up, cleaned-up area, and I like keeping the TV downstairs with all the kids junk, where they can trash that space until their little hearts are content.