Hi everyone! I am so excited to be a part of the How to Decorate series hosted by Home Stories A to Z
with Beth and 23 other amazing bloggers! Welcome if you’re coming over from the super-awesome Lindsay’s blog!
Do you ever have problems putting things together? Do you struggle with creating cohesive displays and vignettes? This is the post for you! Today I am going to show you how to create pretty and cohesive display using the display rules of 1-2-3! And I’ll show you step by step with a bunch of examples too!
The first thing you need to do before you start is clear your surface and make a completely blank canvas.
I am using my front hall entry table as an example. Once you’ve cleared your surface,add your back drop if you want one. It can be either a picture or a large platter or something similar.
Then pick things that seem like they might go together, that have some kind of relationship and then start using your display rules!
1. Pick something tall to put on one side
2. Add something medium to the other.
I chose a stack of books and a candle
3. Pick something small for your third item.
And there you go! Your display is done. How easy was that?
And see how it still looks good when I swap out items?
So easy, right?
I’ll show you again. Here’s my backdrop.
2. Medium 3.Small
And here’s if I swap out items of roughly the same height.
Or if I remove the backdrop
and then add a new one.
and I’ll swap out somethings again, same backdrop.
See how it is so versatile?
In fact here’s some stuff from my kitchen and fridge to prove it!
and FYI. this is hubby’s jelly. I am a strawberry girl all the way.
I hoped this helped you see how easy it is to put together displays. One a large item like fireplace mantle or buffet, just repeat the rules on a large basis, always grouping your items in 3’s, tallest on the outside.
Make sure you visit all of the other amazing bloggers in the series too!
If you liked this post, you might also like:
You c n also visit all of the other blogger’s on the How to Decorate series here:
1. Beth, Home Stories A to Z: How to Find Your Decorating Style
2. Courtney, A Thoughtful Place: 5 Gallery Wall Styles
3. Stacy, Not Just A Housewife: How to Decorate with Plants
4. Myquillyn, Nesting Place: Turning a House into a Home on a Thrift Store Budget
5. Donna, Funky Junk Interiors: How to Turn Worthless Junk into Home Decorating Must Haves
1. Melissa, The Inspired Room: The Secret Ingredient Every Room Needs
2. Jessica, Four Generations One Roof: How to Decorate with Container Plants
3. Traci, Beneath my Heart: How to Style a Coffee Table
4. Cyndy, The Creativity Exchange: Tricks for How to Zone in on the Perfect Paint Color
5. Laura, Finding Home: 5 Ways to Personalize Your Home
3. Kim, Sand & Sisal: How to Decorate Coastal (without lookin’ all Margaritaville!)
4. Diane, In My Own Style: How to Decorate so You Feel at Home
5. Melissa, 320 Sycamore: 3 Decorating Truths in any Home
2. Rhoda, Southern Hospitality: Adding Architectural Interest
3. Lindsay, Makely: How to Decorate With Color and Not Feel Like You Live Under the Big Top
4. Jen, Jennifer Rizzo: Easy table top decorating with the display rules of 1-2-3
5. Heather & Vanessa, At the Picket Fence: Blue Home Decor Ideas …I’ve got the blues!
1. Brittany, Pretty Handy Girl: Color Harmony in Decorating
2. Marianne, Songbird: Decorating Tips from a Lazy Decorator
3. Jen, Tatertots & Jello: How to Decorate with Spray Paint
4. Brooke, All Things Thrifty: The Six Best Things About Decorating
5. Wendy, Shabby Nest: Making a Rental (or any space for that matter) Your Own