I’m excited to announce I am joining the Thrifty Style Team to bring you fun, budget-friendly decorating projects! It gives me a great opportunity to try new and creative things. I recently made a DIY wood branch wreath, and added paint and paper faux leaves to it. I had some left over paper supplies at the time, and thought it would be fun to create an easy kraft paper and paint table runner!
(This post contains affiliate links)
This table runner is so inexpensive to make! I used extra packing paper we had laying around. I thought the crinkles added to the texture. If you don’t like the creases, you can buy a roll of kraft paper on Amazon.
You’ll need a brown kraft paper roll, acrylic paint,a hole punch, and some yarn. That’s it…it’s so easy!
Start by dribbling your paint on the paper. I mixed-in tones of gold, green, and a burnt orange color. How you pattern ends up depends on how you dribble the paint, and how you fold the paper.
I folded mine in half , and then opened it, and did it again length-wise.
Press the paper down all over to smoosh the paint together.
Once you open your paper, lay it flat and let it dry. After it’s dry, use a hole punch at the ends so you can hang your yarn tassels.
To hang a yarn tassel, simply loop two ends through the hole, and then carefully pull them through the remaining yarn loop. Pull carefully so the paper doesn’t rip.
Once your yarn is hung through all of the holes, trim the bottom so they are even.
I love adding natural decor and being able to use what I have, like these grass plumes in recycled bottles. A few years ago, I started planting our yard with plants and shrubs I would want to be able to cut to decorate with. I have a few varieties of grasses now, and they are so fun to mix into everyday decor.
The candles were the most extensive item on the table! I think they were $5 for a pack of 6!
I hope you loved this thrifty project and fall decorating idea! Make sure to visit everyone else on the Thrifty Style Team below!
- OPERATION HOME PURGE…SAVE MONEY BUYING & SELLING ON FACEBOOK by Redhead Can Decorate
- FUN HALLOWEEN CANDY CENTERPIECE DIY by Chatfield Court
- VINTAGE ENAMEL BUCKET by Bliss Ranch
- COZY FALL BEDROOM DECOR IDEAS by DIY Beautify
- UPCYCLED DETERGENT POD CONTAINER PUMPKIN CENTERPIECE by Salvage Sister and Mister
- THRIFTY BOHO STYLE PILLOW TUTORIAL by What Meegan Makes
- 5 WAYS TO UPGRADE A BATHROOM ON A BUDGET by The Creekline House
- DIY LAKE HOUSE DIRECTIONAL ROAD SIGN ON SCRAP CEDAR by Unskinny Boppy
- EASY DIY LEATHER PLANT HANGER by The How-To Home
- COUNTRY COTTAGE CUBBY MAKEOVER by Cottage at the Crossroads
- TURN A SUMMER WREATH INTO A FALL ARRANGEMENT by Duke Manor Farm
- VINTAGE HALLOWEEN PRINTABLES by I Should Be Mopping the Floor
- PAINTED PLASTIC JACK-O-LANTERN MAKEOVER by 2 Bees in a Pod
- EASY KRAFT PAPER AND PAINT TABLERUNNER by Jennifer Rizzo
- THRIFT STORE LAMP UPDATE by The DIY Village