Hi there!My name is Jen , I am a contributor at Jennifer Rizzo and so happy to be here!I have a blog called City Farmhouse, this is where I share diy projects, thrifty decorating solutions and moments of honesty as a person “trying” to juggle life gracefully. I love signs- in just a few words they can capture a moment, a feeling of a special place or time.Living coastally I am always looking for original & unique ways to seamlessly incorporate a”beachy” look into my home, especially during the summer months:).Signs always seem to do that, they are easy to make and always seem to spark conversation. So I created Beach Inspired Coastal Wood Signs as home decor. If you love the coastal grandmother look, you’ll love this!
I went rummaging through my scrap wood& found some left over driftwood from Hurricane Sandy. I used a simple technique to hand paint the letters & voila….
a Beach Inspired Coastal Sign Trio.
This is my simple & easy tutorial for creating your Beach Inspired Coastal Wood Signs with white paint lettering on wood:
1. Print your words and tape them together if need be.
2. Trace over each letter with chalk.
3. Tape to wood.
4. Using a pen trace over the outside of each letter.
5. Pull off paper & make sure you have each letter clearly outlined.
6. Using a small brush, paint(craft or house) & a few drops of water paint the interior
of each letter.
7. Paint the entire sign, let dry & sand lightly.
8. Hang & enjoy!
A few tips for creating this DIY wood sign trio: Pallet wood also works well for this project. You can also replicate using places that are important to you & your family:). I love creating projects around family. You can see more of my projects on my blog.