Fall decorating is right around the corner! As harvest time rolls in, it’s a great time to consider adding small bits of fall decor around the house. If you wonder when you should start decorating with pumpkins for fall, you can even start adding pumpkins as early as September as they have the perfect cozy feel leading through October without screaming Halloween! And if it’s too early to find real pumpkins, it’s perfectly acceptable to decorate with faux pumpkins! If you’re wondering how to decorate with pumpkins, we’ve gathered ideas that are simple and easy to inspiring, DIY and crafty! Check out these 20 creative ways to decorate your home with pumpkins this fall. When it comes to fall decorating, pumpkins are a must! Check out our roundup of FABULOUS creative pumpkin decorating ideas that are SIMPLE, CHEAP and SUPER CUTE!
- If you want to decorate with an understated, simple feel for fall, start by placing a few teeny pumpkin on windowsills and around the home adds a pretty fall touch. The Munchkin variety of pumpkin are the ones you normally see in the grocery store that have that cute curly stem. As few of them clustered together or arranged on a mantel make a sweet fall touch with some fall foliage. See how they are displayed on this mantel with hand-painted leaf art.
2. Nestle your pumpkins in with plants for a fresh and green feel. This option keeps it feeling like fall hasn’t totally taken over yet when the weather is still warm out.
3. Mix white mini pumpkins (called Baby Boos or Casperitas) and mini-orange pumpkins in a basket together in a wood bowl for a cute coffee table display or dining table centerpiece. For a longer shelf life, paint pumpkins with terra cotta paint for a concrete look and nestle in a paper mache bowl. The mix of textures feels cozy and organic. This post shows you how to paint your own terra cotta pumpkins. You can also use chalk paint for a similar look.
4. Use a Faux pumpkin and faux flowers to create a one of a kind centerpiece that doubles as a cakes or display stand. This project uses a faux pumpkin and a wood slice to create a one of a kind fall decor item.
5. Pumpkins can be pretty , floral and fallish with mod podge decoupage! Embellish your faux pumpkins with pressed dried flowers for a pretty and natural touch. You’ll want to leave these decoupaged dried floral gorgeous pumpkins out all year long! Make sure you pin this one!
6. Nestle a small ceramic pumpkin in a dried hydrangea in a cute, little dollar store urn. This is the perfect accent for a small bathroom or on a side table.
7. Set your dining room table with mercury glass pumpkins for a fall tablescape and preserved fall oak leaves for a centerpiece to stretch from summer all of the way to Thanksgiving.
8. Display small pumpkins under vintage glass cloches or domes. These can be found at the thrift store or purchased new at a home goods store.A great item to have on hand, cloches or old clock domes can be repurposed in every season.
What is your favorite so far out of 20 creative ways to decorate your home with pumpkins? Decorating your home with pumpkins is a great way to bridge fall and Halloween decor.
9. This super cute pumpkin wreath is the perfect and easy way to bring in hanging pumpkin fall wall decor and on the front door!
10. These pumpkins are a clever way to use bandanas. I have a ton shoved in drawers and I love how simple and sweet they are!
11. Blankets and quilts are a great fall decor item since it’s a good time to get snugly with the cooler fall weather. This super cute pumpkin quilt block from The Sewing Loft would be a great addition to quilt-making in your fall decor with this fun pumpkin design! The twine at the top is a cute touch and the different bandanas are a nice pop of color!
12. If you have some extra wood on hand, make these fun scrap wood pumpkins.
13. An easy pumpkin topiary nestled in an urn is a great way to dress up your front porch or stoop using a craft pumpkin or two (or three) ! I love the added faux eucalyptus sprigs! The branch pumpkins’ stems are so cute!
14. When decorating for fall, you don’t have to stop when it comes to the walls! This fun wall art by Songbird looks adorable in a front entry made with natural fabrics would also be so cute going up a stairway!
15. This cute centerpiece idea by Stacyling uses real pumpkins and real mums to bring in the outdoors inside. Smaller ones would be cute to use as pumpkin vases too.
16. Painting a custom piece of art to hang over a mantel is a great way to stretch you creativity and bring in fall pumpkin decor. Craft paint is an inexpensive way to paint this project!
17. These super cute glitter pumpkins with woodland animals nestled inside are such a fun and glitzy way to make it feel like fall without screaming Halloween decorating!
18. These cute, rustic wood pumpkins are a great way to bring in a fall touch using old wood.
19. This is a sweet way to set a fall table with pumpkins as an accent. I love the way the small white pumpkins are nestled in the bowls and the colorful leaves.
20. Boho pumpkin topiaries are an amazing way to add color to a front porch or step. These are super fun and can have a battery operated candle in them at night!
21. A cute pumpkin banner is a fun way to dress up a fall mantelscape on your faux mantel. Print this pumpkin and sweater on cardstock and let the kids help to cut out the images and punch the holes!
22. Adding cute pumpkin pillows is another great way to dress up your couch for fall flanked by lanterns and fall blooming mums!
23. Adding pumpkins and a plaid blanket to an outdoor tablesetting feels cozy and welcoming in a backyard.
24. A pumpkin as an ice bucket is a clever way to keep your drinks cold at a fall party!
I hope you were inspired to decorate for fall with these super fun 20+ creative ways to decorate your home with pumpkins!